This Bacon Egg Hash Brown Casserole recipe is so simple to make. Real potatoes and real eggs combine with salty bacon and melted cheese to create a tasty brunch (or breakfast) dish that you’ll want to make over again.
Serve it with a piece of toast, you will have a wonderful breakfast ready in a matter of minutes.
So if you’re looking for a way to spice up your breakfast this easy-to-make recipe will do the trick.
Perfect for busy weekdays. Enjoy!
If you like this Bacon Egg Hash Brown Casserole, try this French Toast Casserole next time. And while you are at it, if you like this recipe leave a comment, follow us on Facebook, and sign up for our newsletter.
Bacon Egg Hash Brown Casserole
- 4-6 Medium Potatoes, scrubbed clean and peeled
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, (or coconut oil)
- 7 Slices bacon, diced (trimmed of fat)
- 2 Scallions or spring onions, (shallots) trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/4 c Shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
- Cracked pepper to season
- Dice potatoes into small 3/4-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet or pan over medium heat. Fry the potatoes in the hot oil and cook while stirring occasionally, until golden and crispy (about 20 minutes). To speed up cooking time, cover the pan with a lid, checking the potatoes every 4-5 minutes or so to stir them (this takes about 15 minutes).
- Add the bacon pieces to the pan and fry while stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until crisp. The potatoes will be golden with crisp edges, while soft on the inside. Add the spring onions; stir them through and season with pepper (optional).
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, make four wells in the hash, crack an egg into each well and arrange the mozzarella around each egg. Fry until the whites are set and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a cast iron skillet or oven proof pan (or baking sheet). Spray with a light coating of cooking oil spray and bake for about 30 minutes, mixing them around halfway through cook time, until they are crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven, add the bacon, and place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Make four wells in the hash, crack an egg into each well and arrange the mozzarella around each egg. Place the skillet (or pan) back into the oven until the whites are set and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
4 servings per container
Serving Size1 square
- Amount Per ServingCalories312
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 14.5g 23%
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17%
- Cholesterol 192mg 64%
- Sodium 204mg 9%
- Potassium 981mg 29%
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5g 12%
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 22%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 12.3g 25%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.