Let me tell you all about one of my go-to meals that I make at least twice a month. Yes, this Burrito recipe is that good!
Not only are these quick, easy and cheap, but they taste amazing, and you will not see another recipe like this anywhere on the internet. Well, maybe you will see a similar one, but it will not compare to this easy to make burrito recipe.
So, without further ado, let’s learn how to make burritos the best way possible.
- 1 Easy Burrito Recipe
- 2 What Ingredients You Will Need
- 3 Putting It All Together
- 4 Spanish Rice Recipe
- 5 Let’s Make The Rice
- 6 Burritos for everyone!
- 7 Cheap, Easy, And Quick Burrito Recipe
- 8 Nutrition Facts
Easy Burrito Recipe
This is a simple recipe, but the ingredients are what make it special. The recipe calls for ground chuck, but you can use chicken, pork or even turkey if you don’t like red meat.
For the rice, feel free to substitute brown rice or white rice depending on your taste. If you want to cut down on the fat in this recipe, simply use low-fat cheese and sour cream.
What Ingredients You Will Need
Most often, the recipes that taste delicious are the ones that take a long time to prepare. If you are someone who is always on the go and happens to love eating out, then you will find that these meals can be quite the hassle to make.
The good news is that there is an alternative. You can still enjoy your favorite Mexican dish without having to make it at home.
The next time you are craving burritos, don’t spend your hard-earned cash at a restaurant; instead, try making them yourself at home.
To make this dish you will need the following: 2 lb. ground chuck, 1 can of refried beans, 1 medium tomato, 1 small can of black olives, 1 cup shredded lettuce, 2 cups shredded cheese, sour creams, salsa, tortillas and taco seasoning.
That is all the ingredients needed for the burritos. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have most of those ingredients in my cupboard or refrigerator at any given time.
Putting It All Together
- Brown Ground Chuck in skillet, drain excess grease, add water and burrito seasoning, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat refried beans in a small pot until warm.
- Dice tomato, shred lettuce and cheese, chop black olives.
- Heat tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds or in a skillet until warm.
- Add preferred ingredients and roll your burrito. Here is a quick video to show you How To Roll A Burrito from Thrillist.
Serve with Spanish Rice and refried beans for a delicious meal.
Spanish Rice Recipe
Now I said this was an easy and quick recipe and I meant that. You can make your own Spanish rice like this recipe from FiveheartHome, or do as I am for a very inexpensive alternative, and use 2 boxes of store-bought Spanish Rice.
A couple cups of water and a few minutes of your time is all it takes to have a wonderful side dish with your burritos.
Let’s Make The Rice
- Bring 3 ⅓ cups of water to a boil.
- Add the contents of the pouch and stir well.
- Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 8 minutes covered.
- Stir before serving.
Burritos for everyone!
That is all it takes to have a delicious Burritos and Spanish Rice meal any day of the week.
Do you need a delicious dessert to go with dinner? You will definitely want to check out these Dessert Recipes.
8 servings per container
Serving Size1 burrito
- Amount Per ServingCalories685
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 24g 37%
- Saturated Fat 12.2g 61%
- Cholesterol 78mg 26%
- Sodium 2199mg 92%
- Potassium 488mg 14%
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2g 32%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 4.4g
- Protein 27.8g 56%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.