Are you a fan of breakfast casseroles, but tired of scrambled eggs and bacon? My EASY FRENCH TOAST BAKE CASSEROLE recipe will change everything!!
This is the perfect dish for a family breakfast, brunch with friends or an easy weeknight dinner. The best part is that it only takes about 1 hour to make!
My Family Recipes Cooking Journal
My Family Recipes Cooking Journal will allow you to keep all your families recipes in one place. No more hunting for recipes in drawers or online. With its 6” x 9” size, it will easily fit on a shelf, in a drawer, or where you keep your other cookbooks.
Grab your copy today.
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make this moist and delicious homemade French toast bake casserole recipe, it only takes a few minutes of your time to prepare this tasty meal.
I’ve always had a soft spot for French toast, especially during the warmer months of the year. It’s a treat that can satiate even the pickiest of palates.
French toast is one of my favorite things to order when eating out at restaurants on weekends and it is perfect with a cold glass of milk. I was looking for a way to enjoy this classic American dish at home, and then I came across this recipe.
French toast is probably one of the most popular breakfast dishes in the world. It’s also super easy to make and requires very little effort. This makes it a perfect breakfast choice for busy weekend warriors who are looking for a quick meal to start their weekend routine.
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave a comment. Also, sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss our newest recipes and reviews and follow us on social media.
Now let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Bread
- 8 Eggs
- 2 c. Milk
- ½ c. Heavy Cream
- ¾ c. Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla
- ½ c. Flour
- ½ c. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ c. Butter, cold, cut into pieces
- Cut bread into cubes, spread evenly in greased 9”x13” pan.
- In large mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly, place in Ziploc bag, and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove pan and mixture from refrigerator, sprinkle topping mixture evenly over the bread.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending how soft you would like it.
8 servings per container
Serving Size2 oz
- Amount Per ServingCalories524
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 22g 34%
- Saturated Fat 11.1g 56%
- Cholesterol 209mg 70%
- Sodium 1049mg 44%
- Potassium 130mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8g 24%
- Dietary Fiber 8.4g 34%
- Sugars 33.1g
- Protein 18.6g 38%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.