Guilt Free Baked Chicken And Tomatoes Recipe
Do you and your family like chicken? If the answer is yes, you will probably want to try this recipe out. It is truly a mouthwatering baked chicken and tomatoes recipe.
There are a few different ways you can go about making this recipe. Depending on whether you prefer white meat, dark meat, or both.
But to keep it simple, we are going to be using boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
So we start with 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed. Place them in an oven safe dish evenly across the bottom.
I then pour Worcester sauce over each piece of chicken, then I follow it with liquid smoke. I myself prefer mesquite flavor, but hickory is another very good tasting smoke.
Make sure to cover both sides of the chicken.
Then sprinkle some garlic powder, onion powder, and chicken seasoning. I use Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning, it adds such a great flavor to the meat.
Finally add about ½ cup of water. Just enough to cover the bottom and insure that the chicken doesn’t stick or burn.
Cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and carefully remove the aluminum foil. Add 2 cans of basil, garlic & oregano diced tomatoes and cover once again with foil.
Increase temperature to 400° and bake an additional 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
Remove from the oven, carefully remove aluminum foil and serve.
Other than sprinkling a few seasoning, this is truly a guilt free baked chicken and tomatoes recipe that your whole family will surely love.
Baked Chicken and Tomatoes
This easy to make dish will sure be a favorite in your house. Chicken breasts smothered with tomatoes.
- 6 pieces Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Worcester sauce (enough to cover both sides of chicken)
- Liquid smoke (enough to cover both sides of chicken)
- Garlic powder (sprinkle on chicken)
- Onion powder (sprinkle on chicken)
- Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning (sprinkle on chicken)
- 1/2 c. Water
- 2 cans Basil, garlic, & oregano diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken evenly across bottom of casserole dish.
- Pour Worcester sauce and liquid smoke over each piece, be sure to cover both sides.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, and Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning across the top.
- Cover with foil.
- Baked for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully pull back foil and pour diced tomatoes over the top of chicken.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Cover again and cook for an additional 20 minutes.