Nothing beats the convenience of an Instant Pot® for quick, easy, and healthier chicken wings. Once cooked, a quick trip under the broiler is all you need to get that nice crispy finish for these Sesame Garlic Wings.
Sesame Garlic Wings are an easy, quick dish to toss together for dinner and a delicious way to get your kids to consume some garlic.
Tip: You can save money by trimming your wings yourself. (See photo for approximate location of where to cut each whole wing). They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock, if desired.
Note: This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Active cook time: 14-16 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
Ingredients Sesame Garlic Wings:
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. water
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
Sesame Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ c Coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger, very finely minced
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place a metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- To prepare the sesame garlic sauce, heat the coconut aminos, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Remove the lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, position the top oven rack in the top position and preheat the broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the sesame garlic sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat on the remaining side.
- Remove from the oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining sesame garlic sauce. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
If you like this Sesame Garlic Wings recipe, please leave a comment, join us on Facebook, and subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss any of our recipes.
And if you are looking for a delicious dessert to go with your wings, try this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie. It is so delicious and a no bake recipe.
6 servings per container
Serving Size8 wings
- Amount Per ServingCalories677
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 28.9g 45%
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 43%
- Cholesterol 274mg 92%
- Sodium 287mg 12%
- Potassium 755mg 22%
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4g 4%
- Dietary Fiber .2g 1%
- Sugars 8.8g
- Protein 87.7g 176%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.