Are you looking for the best pork chop recipe?
Our Grilled Herb-Rubbed, Bone-In Pork Chops recipe makes a delicious meal for the family. Serve it with Cucumber Salad for lunch or dinner. If you like, make some extra pork and add it to your salad the next day.
Grilling pork chops is an entirely different experience than grilling red meat. While steaks can be charred on the outside and a delicious shade of pink or red inside, pork needs to be more uniformly cooked throughout.
Therefore, use a medium direct heat while grilling pork so the inside cooks evenly with the outside.
Preparing the Herb Rub
The truth is that the rub for pork chops you’ll usually find at the store, or online, is pretty limited. The flavor profile is usually just a bit of this and a bit of that. It’s not bad, but you can do so much more!
There are many ways to prepare a rub for pork chops. You can add things like garlic, pepper, brown sugar and even beer to the rub mixture.
You can apply it before cooking or after. You can use it on chops or roasts. There are many options available to you and your family when it comes to preparing a rub for pork chops.
Keep in mind when assembling the ingredients for the herb rub that it is more of a template than a hard-and-fast rule. We aren’t going for dainty precision with this technique, just a uniform infusion of robust herbal flavors.
As you can see, this is why we believe this is the best pork chop recipe that you will find online.
- 2 T. kosher salt
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stems and crushed
- 2 T. fresh thyme leaves, crushed with fingers
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 T. Black Hawaiian salt
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops, approximately 1” thick
- Combine salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic and pepper thoroughly in a small bowl. Rub mixture over all sides of pork chops until thoroughly covered.
- Scrub grill grates with a wire brush prior to starting. Preheat the grill to medium before adding pork chops over direct heat. Cook for 7-8 minutes, turn once, but otherwise keep the lid closed as much as possible. If your chops are thinner or thicker than 1”, adjust cook time accordingly.
- Remove chops from heat, cover and let rest for 3 – 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a grilled summer vegetable medley and top with a pat of compound butter seasoned with the same herbs used in the rub.
If you try this recipe and like it, please feel free to leave a comment, follow us on Facebook, and join our newsletter.
And if you are in search of a delicious dessert, you can never go wrong with this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie.
4 servings per container
Serving Size1 pork chop
- Amount Per ServingCalories1321
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 45.5g 70%
- Saturated Fat 15.2g 76%
- Cholesterol 626mg 209%
- Sodium 4681mg 196%
- Potassium 2601mg 75%
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9g 1%
- Dietary Fiber .7g 3%
- Sugars .1g
- Protein 212.1g 425%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.