I love using my Instant Pot. I think it’s the greatest invention to ever happen in the kitchen. The fact that you can dump your soup ingredients in, press a few buttons and it cooks itself is so magical! It only makes sense then that I had to make a vegan vegetable soup because it is one of my favorite recipes to cook in my instant pot.
This Instant Pot Vegan Vegetable Soup recipe is the perfect healthy soup to make when you are looking for something quick and easy to make in the kitchen. This is a perfect recipe for the vegan diet.
This delicious and easy soup recipe can be adapted countless ways to incorporate whatever fresh vegetables and herbs you have available. Be sure to add a splash of fresh lime juice right before serving to brighten the flavors!
For more delicious recipes check these out.
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large Stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large Carrots, sliced
- 1 medium Red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 6 c Vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 1 lb Red potatoes, quartered
- 2 whole Bay leaves
- 1 pint Cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 c Baby kale, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
How to make Vegan Vegetable Soup:
1. Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, garlic powder, and chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
2. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and vegetables start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
3. Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
4. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
5. Remove the lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in baby kale and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!
4 servings per container
Serving Size1 bowl
- Amount Per ServingCalories172
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4.1g 7%
- Saturated Fat .8g 4%
- Sodium 889mg 38%
- Potassium 1010mg 29%
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7g 9%
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18%
- Sugars 7.5g
- Protein 8.2g 17%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.